01. SUN. Arrival in Addis Ababa. Morning short visit of the capital: visit the Ethnographic museums and St George church. Then drive to the Rift Valley lake of Langano. Here you have possibility of trekking and short walking, bird-watching, have the possibility to explore the area by horse-riding, and can have a relaxing swimming in the only bilharzias free lake. Lunch on the way. Dinner and ON Wenney eco-lodge, secluded in a natural paradise at shore of lake Langano and Munessa forest. http://www.greenlandtoursandhotels.com/wenney/
02. Leave your hotel around 0700 am & drive to Arbaminch (500 kms). On the way visit the Wolayta people villages and their culture. And spectacular views. Proceed then to Chencha, for the Dorze people, with their unique houses and traditions. Visit the false banana cultivations, from which they extract their traditional bread (the Kotcho), the weaving works and more. Reach Arbaminch late in the afternoon. Lunch on the way. Dinner & ON at the Swaynes hotel, with spectacular views over Chamo & Abaya lakes. http://www.greenlandtoursandhotels.com/swaynes/
03. Leave your hotel around 0700 am & drive to Jinka. See on the way the Konso, Derase, Tsemay, Ari and Benna people. Make a stop for the visit of a Konso people village, which are famous for the terracing agriculture, and have particular traditions. Lunch on the way; dinner & ON in a hotel in Jinka (choices are Tebekew or Resort)
04. Drive to the Mago National park, admiring different mammals and birds. Proceed to visit the Mursi people and their villages. Here for beauty women use to put round plates into their lips. Afternoon then drive to Jinka and visit the museum.
Lunch on the way; dinner & ON in hotel in Jinka
05. THU. Drive to KeyAfer village to visit the very colorful market of the Tsemay & Erbore people. Then proceed to Turmi, to visit the Hamer people and their villages Lunch on the way; dinner & ON Turmi Evangadi lodge http://www.greenlandtoursandhotels.com/evangadi/
06. Drive to visit the Karo people, for their very interesting decoration and scarification all over their body. From Kortcho village you’ll enjoy also a spectacular view over the Omo river. Proceed then back to Turmi, and with luck we try to find a ceremony of the Hammer people marriage with the bull jumping or the Evangadi dances. Otherwise we’ll take time to visit a traditional village & culture.
Lunch on the way; dinner & ON Turmi Evangadi lodge
07. SAT. Drive to Dimeka village to see Saturday’s very colorful market of Hamer, Karo & Tsemay people. Then proceed to the Weyto river valley. Afternoon proceed your drive, crossing the Derase and Konso people, to reach Arbaminch. If you reach on time you can make a boat excursion on lake Chamo, to admire the longest crocodiles in Africa, reaching about 6 meters of length, and lot of hippos and birds.
Lunch on the way; dinner & ON Swaynes hotel
08. SUN. Drive back to Addis, visiting on the way the Wolayta and Guraghe people, with a stop to some villages; and admiring very nice views.
Lunch on the way. Dinner traditional restaurant with folkloristic dances in Addis.
After dinner transfer airport for departure.
(or can overnight in Addis Ababa & next day extend to another part of Ethiopia or to Tanzania or Kenya or Djibouti)