01. SAT. Arrival in Addis Ababa. Transfer to the chosen hotel. Have a free morning. Afternoon (1400 hrs from the hotel) tour of the capital: visit Entoto mountain with views over the capital, the National museum, St George church and the Mercato, biggest open air market in Africa. Meals free. ON (overnight) hotel
02. Fly to Bahirdar. Morning drive to visit the Blue Nile falls (it takes about 1 hour drive and then 15 minutes walk). Admire these spectacular falls. Afternoon make a boat excursion on lake Tana to visit the monasteries over its islands, as Ura Kidane Mehret and Asua Mariam.
Dinner & ON hotel in Bahirdar
03. Morning drive to Gondar. It takes about 2 hrs driving, visit on the way very nice landscapes, lake Tana and Amhara people villages. Afternoon visit the castles, the Debre Birhan Sellasie church (light of Trinity) with wonderful murals, King Fasiladas bath and Empress Mentewab palace. Dinner & ON hotel in Gondar
04. Fly to Lalibela. Transfer hotel. Afternoon visit the rock-hewn churches, defined as the 8th wonder in the world. Dinner & ON hotel
05. Morning drive to visit Naktuleab cave church. Or you can choose to walk (or with mules) to the Asheten Mariam church, with spectacular views too. Afternoon visit the remaining churches in town. And then take part of the coffee ceremony (the coffee ceremony in an important part of Ethiopian culture). Dinner & ON (overnight) hotel
06. Fly to Axum. Visit the steles, St Mary of Tsion church (where legend says the Ark of Covenant is deposited), the bath & palace of Queen of Sheba, and more. Dinner & ON hotel
07. FRI. Fly to Addis, meet your vehicle/s at the airport & drive to the Rift Valley lakes of Zway & Langano, for relax, very nice views & many birds. Lunch on the way; dinner & ON hotel in Langano
08. SAT. Drive to the Arbaminch & visit a Wolayta people village on the way. Afternoon drive to Chencha Mountain to visit the Dorze people, with their unique culture, houses and traditions. The Dorze are famous for their elephant truck shaped houses, their cultivation of the false banana (from which root they extract their traditional bread called Kotcho), the weaving works, cultivation of sorghum and more. If time permits visit also their Saturday’s market. Meals & ON Emerald Resort Arbaminch www.emeraldresortandlodge.com
09. Drive to Turmi, admiring on the way the Konso, Tsemay, Erbore & Hamer people and visit of Erbore people village. Visit a Konso people village, famous for their traditions and also being the first in Africa to start the terracing agriculture. Is also a UNESCO heritage site. Late afternoon visit the colorful Hamer people and a village. Have lunch on the way. Dinner & ON Emerald lodge Turmi www.emeraldresortandlodge.com
10. MON. Morning drive to Omorate, at bank of Omo river, to visit the Dassanech people villages and culture, with very interesting ornaments & traditions. Back then to Turmi & visit the very colorful Hamer, Karo and Tsemay people market. Afternoon visit the Hamer people and their villages. After the market, with luck we’ll try also to participate to ceremonies as the bull jumping and the Evangadi dances. The Hamar are known for their unique custom of “bull jumping,” which initiates a boy into manhood. First, female relatives dance and invite whipping from men who have recently been initiated; this shows their support of the initiate, and their scars give them a right to demand his help in time of need. The boy must run back and forth twice across the backs of a row of bulls or castrated steers, and is ridiculed if he fails. Have meals & ON Emerald lodge Turmi www.emeraldresortandlodge.com
11. Morning drive about 1 hr to visit the Karo people, for their very interesting decoration and scarification all over their body. From Kortcho village you’ll enjoy also a spectacular view over the Omo river. Afternoon free for the Hamer people and villages. Have meals & ON Emerald lodge Turmi www.emeraldresortandlodge.com
12. Drive to Jinka town; then enter into the Mago National park and admiring different mammals and birds on the way, drive to visit the Mursi people and their villages. Here for beauty women use to put round plates into their lips and men different scarifications all over their body. Finaly drive back to Jinka and if time permits visit the Ethnological museum. Have lunch box; dinner & ON hotel in Jinka. www.emeraldresortandlodge.com
13. THU. Visit one Ari people village with very interesting traditions. Later drive to visit the colorful Tsemay & Erbore people market at KeyAfer village. After the market’s visit, proceed to Arbaminch. Have lunch on the way. Dinner & ON Emerald Resort Arbaminch www.emeraldresortandlodge.com
14. Morning boat excursion on Chamo lake to admire the biggest crocodiles in Africa (reach 6 meters of length), hippos and birds. Afternoon free enjoying the facilities at the Emerald Resort Arbaminch & relax. Meals & ON Emerald Resort Arbaminch www.emeraldresortandlodge.com
15. SAT. Drive or fly back to Addis Ababa (cost of the flight is to be added on the price; inform us of your choice during the booking). Late afternoon time for final visits or souvenir shops. Dinner invited by the Green Land Tours & Hotels in a traditional restaurant with folkloristic dances. Transfer then to the airport for departure.