01. SAT. Arrival in Addis Ababa. Transfer to the chosen hotel. Have a free morning. Afternoon (1400 hrs from the hotel) tour of the capital: visit Entoto mountain with views over the capital, the National museum, St George church and the Mercato, biggest open air market in Africa. Meals free. ON (overnight) hotel.
02. Drive to Bahirdar crossing very nice views. Visit on the way the Jemma river gorge, with the chance to spot endemic Gelada baboons, and visit the Debre Libanos monastery and the Portuguese bridge. Proceed then to Bahirdar crossing the Blue Nile river gorge, to reach late afternoon. Dinner and ON hotel
03. Morning drive to visit the Blue Nile falls (it takes about 1 hour drive and then 15 minutes walk). Admire these spectacular falls. Late morning drive back to Bahirdar. Afternoon make a boat excursion on lake Tana to visit the monasteries over its islands, as Ura Kidane Mehret and Asua Mariam. Dinner & ON hotel in Bahirdar.
04. Morning drive to Gondar. It takes about 2 hrs driving, visit on the way very nice landscapes, lake Tana and Amhara people villages. Afternoon visit the castles, the Debre Birhan Sellasie church (light of Trinity) with wonderful murals, King Fasiladas bath and Empress Mentewab palace. Dinner & ON hotel in Gondar.
05. Drive to Lalibela, admiring very nice views. Before reaching Lalibela have a stop to visit the Naktuleab cave church. Dinner & ON hotel in Lalibela.
06. Full day to visit the rock-hewn churches in Lalibela and late afternoon have a coffee ceremony in a traditional house. Dinner & ON hotel
07. Drive to Hayk lake and visit the DebreEstifanos church over the island. Then proceed to Kombolcha & Dessie. Dinner & ON hotel in Dessie.
08. SAT. Drive back to Addis Ababa. Have day use room. Dinner invited in a traditional restaurant with folkloristic dances. Transfer then to the airport for departure