01. SAT. Arrival in Addis Ababa. Transfer to the chosen hotel. Have a free morning. Afternoon (1400 hrs from the hotel) tour of the capital: visit Entoto mountain with views over the capital, the National museum, St George church and the Mercato, biggest open air market in Africa. Meals free. ON (overnight) hotel
02. Fly to Mekele, when you’ll be received by your drivers & vehicles. Proceed to visit some very interesting churches as Wikro Cherkos and/or Abreha We Atsbeha. Lunch in Mekele (or lunch box); dinner & ON lodge or hotel
03. Morning visit Wikro Cherkos church and then drive to the Danakil. Lunch on the way; dinner & ON Assobole or Ahmed Ale, on beds in open air
04. Drive to Dallol where you see the difficult work on the extraction of salt and loading on camels. Then proceed to visit the fantastic views of mountains, sulfates and lakes-geysers and more; which are really unique. Lunch box; dinner & overnight back camping at Assobole or Ahmed Ale or Abala
05. Drive to the ErtaAle volcano; in Dodom organize the camels for the materials for climbing the volcano. Late afternoon climb ErtaAle volcano. The trekking is about 4 hrs. Spend your full night visiting the lava Lake: is really spectacular! Lunch box on the way; simple dinner on the volcano; ON in open air huts on the volcano rim.
06. Early morning walk back to the vehicles and have your breakfast. Then drive to Lake Afrera. Visit Afar people extracting salt from Lake Afrera. Proceed then to Semera, the capital of the Afar people region. Lunch box; dinner & ON hotel in Semera
07. Drive to the Awash National park and afternoon make a game drive. Lunch box; dinner & overnight Doho or Fafate or Animalia lodge Optional can be also flight Semera-Addis; and so short visit in Addis & evening departure
08. SAT. Morning drive back to Addis Ababa. Have a room available till 18 hrs for relax. Lunch in Addis; dinner in a traditional restaurant with folkloristic dances. Transfer airport for departure