01. SUN. Arrival in Addis Ababa. Transfer to the chosen hotel. Have a free morning. Afternoon (1400 hrs from the hotel) tour of the capital: visit Entoto mountain with views over the capital, the National museum, St George church and the Mercato, biggest open air market in Africa. Meals free. ON (overnight) hotel
02. Drive to Jimma, the KAFA coffee region (from where the name of the coffee derives) and proceed to to Bonga. Here visit coffee and tea plantations. Lunch box on the way; dinner & ON camping at a coffee plantation at Bonga.
03. Full day visit of organic (wild) coffee plantation, walk into the forest (with also a nice waterfalls) and plantations, join & enjoy a traditional coffee ceremony, see honey production and a tea plantation. Meals & ON camping at Bonga
04. Drive to the new Cheberra Churchurra national park. Late afternoon game drive. Is one of the richest parks in Ethiopia, with lot of elephants, buffalos and more. Lunch box on the way; dinner & ON camping
05. Morning game drive. Then drive to visit a Guraghe village to visit their very interesting culture and walk to a village. Lunch box on the way; dinner & ON camping next to a Guraghe people village.
06. Drive to Wolayta people to visit their village and traditional, cultivation of the false banana from which the produce their traditional bread (the Kotcho). Then proceed to Arbaminch. Lunch box on the way; dinner & ON Emerald Resort Arbaminch. www.emeraldresortandlodge.com
07. SAT. Morning drive to Chencha mountain to visit the Dorze people, with their unique culture, houses and traditions, cultivation of sorghum, production of the traditional bread (the Kotcho, which is made from the false banana tree) & more. Being Saturday visit also the colorful market at Chencha village. Make some walking with spectacular views.Late afternoon enjoy the facilities at the Emerald Resort Arbaminch & have a traditional coffee preparation lesson and training from our professional personnel in Arbaminch. Meals & ON Emerald Resort Arbaminch www.emeraldresortandlodge.com
08. Morning make a boat trip on Chamo lake, to visit crocodiles, hippos and more. Afternoon drive to Netch Sar national park, sanctuary of the endemic Swaynes hartebeest, numerous zebrs and spectacular view over Chamo & Abaya lakes. Meals & ON Emerald Resort Arbaminch www.emeraldresortandlodge.com
09. Drive to Konso people village, famous for their traditions and also being the first in Africa to start the terracing agriculture. Is also a UNESCO heritage site. Make a walk with spectacular views among the Konso villages and visit also here coffee plantations. Meals & ON Kanta lodge or Korebta lodge Konso10. Drive to Yabelo and then proceed to ElSod crater. Here walk down to the crater where Borena men extract salt from a marshy lake by hand & sticks. The salt is used for their cattle. After Elsod visit, drive to visit the singing wells, where the Borena men pass to each other the water and doing this hard work they sing. Visit also a Borena people village. Meals and ON hotel in Yabelo.
11. Drive north, visiting the Guji people and villages; and admire very nice views with lot of coffee and fruit plantations. This region is also very famous for its coffee. Reach Yirgalem and relax with walks and very nice view over coffee and fruit plantations. Lunch box; dinner & ON Yirgalem lodge or other.
12. Morning relax and walks around Yirgalem. Then drive to Awasa Rift valley lake and if time permits make a boat excursion on the lake. Lunch on the way; dinner & ON South star or similar hotel
13. Early morning visit the fish market in Awasa. Back then to the hotel for breakfast and drive to Shala-Abyata National park. Proceed to Addis Ababa. Ones in Addis Ababa, go to visit a traditional coffee roster where you can also buy coffee for home. Dinner invited by the Green Land Tours & Hotels in a traditional restaurant with folkloristic dances. Transfer then to the airport for departure.