1) HISTORIC ROUTE 7 days
01. SAT. Arrival in Addis Ababa. Transfer to the chosen hotel. Have a free morning. Afternoon (1400 hrs from the hotel) tour of the capital: visit Entoto mountain with views over the capital, the National museum, St George church and the Mercato, biggest open air market in Africa. Meals free. ON (overnight) hotel.
02. Fly to Bahirdar. Morning drive to visit the Blue Nile falls (it takes about 1 hour drive and then 15 minutes’ walk). Admire these spectacular falls. Afternoon make a boat excursion on lake Tana to visit the monasteries over its islands, as Ura Kidane Mehret and Asua Mariam.
Dinner & ON hotel in Bahirdar.
03. Morning drive to Gondar. It takes about 2 hrs driving, visit on the way very nice landscapes, lake Tana and Amhara people villages. Afternoon visit the castles, the Debre Birhan Sellasie church (light of Trinity) with wonderful murals, King Fasiladas bath and Empress Mentewab palace. Dinner & ON hotel in Gondar.
04. Fly to Lalibela. Transfer hotel. Afternoon visit the rock-hewn churches, defined as the 8th wonder in the world. Dinner & ON hotel
05. Morning drive to visit Naktuleab cave church. Or you can choose to walk (or with mules) to the Asheten Mariam church, with spectacular views too. Afternoon visit the remaining churches in town. And then take part of the coffee ceremony (the coffee ceremony in an important part of Ethiopian culture). Dinner & ON (overnight) hotel
06. Fly to Axum. Visit the steles, St Mary of Tsion church (where legend says the Ark of Covenant is deposited), the bath & palace of Queen of Sheba, and more. Dinner & ON hotel
07. FRI. Fly to Addis. Have day use room. Dinner invited in a traditional restaurant with folkloristic dances. Transfer then to the airport for departure